AUO Lights Up Touch Taiwan with OLEDs, Mini and Micro LEDs
September 03, 2019
AUO will unveil several new display technologies at Touch Taiwan 2019, including the 17.3-inch OLED display with UHD 4K image quality and 120Hz refresh rate manufactured with ink jet printing technology, a 5.9-inch AMOLED display that can be folded inwards or outwards, a 12.1-inch full color TFT driven Micro LED vehicle display, and the world’s first(*) optical in-cell fingerprint LTPS LCD.
- AUO unveiled a 6-inch full screen optical in-cell fingerprint LTPS LCD. Equipped with AHVA (Advanced Hyper-Viewing Angle) technology, full HD+ (1080 x 2160) resolution, and a high pixel density of 403 PPI, the panel has a 30 ms swift sensor response time for smooth and accurate fingerprint sensing performance.
- The 85-inch 8K bezel-less ALCD TV display possesses advanced HDR technology which increases dimming zones (FALD) up to 1,024 and offers peak brightness up to 2,000 nits with strengthened local dimming effect. Equipped with ultra-high-density LED backlight modules, this display presents optimized colors, contrast, and details, with high detailed image quality of over 33 million pixels, according to AUO.
- Displays with mini LED backlight technology include various sized gaming devices, from large-sized monitors and desktop monitors to notebooks, and high-end applications such as VR headsets and smart vehicles.
- The 65-inch 4K large-size gaming display offers a 144Hz refresh rate, over 1,000 local dimming zones and 2,500 nits peak brightness.
- The 32-inch 4K Mini LED 144Hz gaming monitor display also provides over 1,000 local dimming zones and 1,500 nits peak brightness.
- With a peak brightness of over 1,000 nits, AUO's 17.3-inch 4K LTPS gaming notebook display meets VESA DisplayHDR1000 and s 3.5mm thick.
- 2.9-inch LTPS VR display with mini LED backlight module design, 2,304 dimming zones and an ultra-high pixel density of 1,688 PPI.
- The 12.3-inch LTPS curved auto cluster panel has a 750R curved design, and local dimming capabilities with 1,000 nits brightness.
- The medical displays supports a multitude of professional medical devices in many areas, including ultrasound, imaging modality, endoscopic and surgeries. The 23-inch ultrasound display offers a contrast ratio of 2,200:1 and a wide viewing angle with ultra-low color washout in a dark room to reveal delicate grayscale shadings that are crucial to assist doctors in conducting precise diagnoses.
- High performance automotive displays with multiple panel laminations, such as the joint 12.3-inch CID and 20.3-inch passenger display panel which provides high brightness and high-resolution images and a 1,200R curvature design. The 13.3-inch CID panel features in-cell touch solution integrated with TDDI IC, and has three holes for buttons or knobs, offering more design possibilities. AUO expanded its IoV system integration capabilities from vehicle display modules to system integration services.
- AUO's bezel-less 27-inch medical panel equipped with blue light filter properties incorporates QHD resolution and AHVA (advanced hyper-viewing angle) technology to present high-quality professional medical images. AUO said its 32-inch 4K high resolution surgical display supports 100% Adobe wide color gamut technologies.
Figure 1: AUO Automotive Console Concept